The Creston Classic Rodeo celebrates 25 years of bringing the best in professional rodeo to Creston, Iowa. The event is a three-day rodeo that includes bull riding, team roping, barrel racing and more.
The creston ca history is a rodeo that has been around for 25 years. It will be celebrating its anniversary September 16-19.
The Grand Entry will pay homage to the 13 Afghan troops who have died in the line of duty.
CRESTON (AP) — It’s been a rodeo-filled summer, but it wouldn’t be complete without our own Creston Classic Rodeo, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary from Sept. 16 to 19.
The Creston Classic Rodeo (CCR) has represented the local rodeo culture since the 1990s. In 1996, the inaugural CCR was organized as a fundraiser for a community center on September 14 and 15.
Creston is renowned for its adaptability and can-do spirit. They’ve banded together to construct a church, a school, a prison, and a fire station. They keep their own roads in good repair and are always ready to help neighbors in need.
Atascadero, we’re going to get through this together.
Monte Mills and the Lucky Horseshoe Band performed at the Loading Chute on the first Saturday of the CCR’s existence. Cowboy Church, headed by Pastor Scott Bond, had a large crowd that Sunday.
CCR’s original sponsor, Rohrer Hay and Feed, continues to support the rodeo today.
Of course, there were some lessons gained from the first time around.
Although they might have used a little more water on the arena, it was still a fantastic event that quickly became a neighborhood tradition.
“It’s a genuine family-oriented rodeo,” said Terrie Estrada, a committee member.
If you’ve ever attended a rodeo, you know it’s a place where patriotism is celebrated and the American flag is proudly displayed. As a result, patriotism and rodeos are as synonymous as peanut butter and jelly.
“At a rodeo, you’ll never see a knee bend because we’re very patriotic. “Not this one, not ever,” Estrada said emphatically.
The CCR usually expresses its love for their nation, but this year they will go over and above to commemorate the 13 troops who died in Afghanistan. The rodeo’s grand entrance will include thirteen flags, followed by the singing of the National Anthem and a prayer.
As we reflect on the CCR’s 25-year history, we also recognize all of the achievements it has achieved in the community. The rodeo generated money for CATCH, which converted the former Station 43 Fire Station into a community center.
The CCR has captured the essence of Creston in a sport that has endured the test of time, honors western traditions, and never forgets.
Tickets are $5 apiece and may be purchased at the door. Clothing, food, and drinks will also be available for purchase.
Visit crestonclassicrodeo.org for more information on the CCR.
Rodeo Schedule for 2021
On Thursday, September 16th, sign up for Jackpot Team Roping at 5:00 p.m. and rope at 6:00 p.m.
Friday, September 17th – Jackpot Barrel At 4:00 p.m., there will be a race/time only, and at 7:00 p.m., there will be a race/time only.
Saturday, September 18th, 4:00 p.m. – Grand Entry
Grand Entry is at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 19th.
Thank you very much to this year’s sponsors:
Sponsorships at the highest level
- Ryan and Tammy White’s Best Ever Pads
- Tyler Bennet, Tyler Bennet, Tyler Bennet, Tyler Bennet, Tyler Bennet, Tyler Bennet, Tyler Bennet, Tyler Bennet, Tyler
- Glen and Annie McWilliams, Premier Agriculture
- Linda Rohrer’s Rohrer Hay & Feed
- Brian and Christine Pritt/Long Branch Saloon
- Dave Spurr/Spurr Co.
Horseshoe with Diamonds
- Power Sports & Custom Trailers in California
- Doyle Davis/Calportland Construction
- Brad Goodrow / Midstate Solid Waste and Recycling
- John Rees / Outback Internet LLC
- Charity Doherty / Wayne Cooper Ag Services
- Steve and Kristie Terry, Wilson Creek Comm.
Horseshoe of Gold
- Ann Hansen / American Riviera Bank
- Mike Romelfanger / Aptos Smoke Tree LLC
- Tara Grant / Bitterwater Outfitters
- Karen Willer / Blue Sky Ranch
- Pam Wilken’s Central Coast Trailer
- Justin Christensen / Christensen Equine Vet Services
- Greg Perez / Greg’s Porta Potties
- David Hubbell/ Hubbell Real Estate Group
- Mark and Lisa Jennings own Mark’s Tire Service.
- Phys. for Life Phys. for Life Phys. for Life Phys Jason Roda’s Therapy
- Darin Chabot/Nutrien Ag Services
- Heather Alspach / Plasvacc USA Inc.
- Mike Young and Pamela Pierson
- Jon and Elizabeth Shadle, Shadle Insurance
- Mike and Terrie Estrada, Water Gap Saver LLC
- Oksana and Shandon Tovt of WildWind Manor
- Jim Hartzell/Hartzell Horizontal Drilling
- Steve C. Boneso/ Zapata Ranch
Horseshoe of Silver
- 2D Noel and Nancy Ryan’s Ryan Ranch
- Jessica Bertoni / 777 Auction Company
- Paula Brown / Action Glass
- Matt and Meagan Allgood, Allgood Cust. Leather
- Ashley Spurr/A.Spurr Trucking
- Jana LynKaba of Berkshire Hathaway Home Services
- Ron Bernard’s Bernard Ranch
- Jeff VanNest/Blarney Stone Ranch
- Ryan and Jennifer Browder are the artists behind Browder Painting.
- Gwen Erskine/ Cabernet Links Golf
- Scott Lindberg of Central Coast Propane
- Kris Broucaret / Coast Pipe
- Brittany Gamble/Double Barrel Blues
- Julie Empey of Empey Inc. Custom Homes
- Murt and Jessica Stewart of Farriers Warehouse
- Ned Thompson | Filipponi & Thompson Drilling
- G. Wiemann, G. Wiemann, Greg Wiemann, Greg Wiemann, Greg Wiemann, Greg Wiemann, Greg Wiemann
- Bob, Giubbini, and Donna
- Brad Zimmer / Granite Ridge Christian Camp
- Chuck Houck and Vikki Houck
- Ken Dewar / J B Dewar Inc.
- Chad and Katy Mazzi of Mazzi Well Drilling
- Judy Lewis’ Navajo Rock and Sand
- Mike Horwath / Pacwell Consulting
- Shane McCormack/ Paso Robles Pioneer Day
- Alyssa and Jeff Rigby
- Raymond and Susan Smith’s R&S Enterprises
- Sierra Thompson Fine Art/ Sierra Thompson Fine Art/ Sierra Thompson Fine Art/ Sierra Thompson Fine Art/ Sierra
- David and Dana Zepeda’s The Loading Chute
- Paul Viborg’s Viborg Sand & Gravel
Rodeo Friends is a group of people that support the rodeo.
- Ann Spencer’s website is CrestonNews.org.
- Pam Pickering/ Farm Supply Co.
- Jennifer Idler’s/Idler’s/Idler’s/Idler’s/Idler
- Les and Susan Evans/Shadow Run Vineyard & Winery
- Bruce and Rosie Hebron’s Metal Shed
- Linda Buss/ Western Janitor Supply Co.
- Raymond, Bernice
- Dave Christy is a writer and a musician.
Dummy Roping for Kids
As an example:
As if Loading…
- creston rodeo
- creston barrel racing